Why Should You Hire a Professional Makeup Artist?
- You may know plenty of tips and tricks to apply your makeup for everyday wear, but you’ll find that hiring a pro makeup artist is critical part of your wedding!
- It takes an artful eye to see the beauty and potential in each face. A pro artist is not only trained to apply flawless, enduring makeup, they are also skilled in the art of making you feel at ease in every aspect of the process from detailed wedding day timelines to working with you to create a stunning makeup style that will transcend time.
- A pro also understands how many different factors can affect your look. For example, makeup for photography is entirely different from everyday makeup. How many times have you seen a bride that just didn’t look quite right in her photos? Maybe her skin was uneven or shiny or her eyes didn’t quite have that ‘pop’. More than likely, the person who did her makeup did not understand how to apply makeup suitable for photography.
- Your makeup bag is very unlike a pro’s kit. Professional makeup artists know what products to use, where to use them and in what intensity to ensure you look good face to face, as well as in your pictures. They use a wide range of products from vastly different lines to achieve a flawless look. Most products are waterproof and many are suitable for HD film/TV, that means they will last throughout your entire day while still looking and feeling incredibly natural.
- Education and experience are also key factors. A professional makeup artist has training exclusively in the art of makeup and will have years of experience in the field. Simply because one is a licensed cosmetologist, doesn’t mean one is fully trained in makeup application (most cosmetology schools do not offer much makeup training) or has the experience necessary to provide a perfect application every time.
- It’s good to have an expert opinion on a day that can be so exciting and emotional. You may be too nervous to apply your makeup properly within the tight time frame of a wedding or portrait session. A pro will take more time and be more purposeful in applying makeup than you would at home; they will come to your location, be punctual and efficient and ensure you are ready with time to spare. Talk about a stress free environment!
- Behind every beautiful movie star, singer or model, there is a talented and experienced makeup artist working hard to ensure they look great in every picture that is taken. Your wedding is your mini celebrity moment and you should look and feel as amazing as those stars. Hiring a pro makeup artist is one way to guarantee that!